.

.

Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

This is Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation.  I bought this today in Boots when I went to buy the normal Healthy Mix Foundation.  I'd never seen this before, and hadn't heard of a 'gel' foundation either.  It was at an introductory price of €11.50 but is normally around €15 I think.


Swatches:
This foundation is quite sheer.  I didn't notice the coverage guide on the back until after I'd bought it. I normally wear foundation with good coverage I was a bit scared of this, it was 1 on the guide, 1 being the lightest coverage.



I tried it on and I quite like it so far.  It's quite moisturising I think, and looks really natural on.  It gives a nice even colour but you would need concealer with this too.  It feels light on the skin and I noticed that this goes a bit further than the usual Healthy Mix Foundation, so you don't need to use as much.  It has a slight fruit fragrance which I don't mind, I think it's better than the chemical smell off of some foundations (e.g I think MAC smells like facepaint).

I haven't worn this properly yet so I don't know about how it wears, according to the bottle it lasts 16 hours (they never do though) so I'll see if it lasts for a day of school tomorrow. 
Apart from this I like it so far.  The colour is a good match for my skin too.

 I'll update tomorrow with the results :)

 

Update: It lasts ages! I was really scared about the sheer coverage because normally I don't wear sheer foundation but it was fine.  It lasted all day (I did top it up a little but I normally do that anyway).  I wore this foundation at school today and to the gym and it lasted through that too lol.  Overall, so far I'm happy with this foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment